Princess Cruises has announced that in 2021 it will have seven ships in the UK and Europe, its largest ever deployment.
The line has confirmed its smallest ship, the 670-guest Pacific Princess, will join six other vessels in the region. Pacific Princess will sail from June to October on a series of Mediterranean voyages departing from Rome and Venice.
In the UK a total of nearly 500 nights cruising from Southampton will be available across three ships – Grand Princess, Island Princess and Crown Princess.
As announced previously, the 2,600-guest Grand Princess will sail the longest ever period for a UK-based ship, from April to November, visiting various destinations in the Mediterranean, northern Europe and Canada and New England. In addition, the 2,200-guest Island Princess will spend June to October sailing across northern Europe, while the 3,080-guest Crown Princess will sail round Britain from April to October.
Princess Cruises’ three newest vessels – the 3,660-guest Sky Princess, Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess – will be based in northern and southern Europe respectively on a series of cruises departing from Copenhagen, Barcelona, Rome and Athens.
Highlights of the 2021 UK & Europe season include:
· Six OceanMedallion-activated ships: Grand Princess, Island Princess, Crown Princess, Sky Princess, Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess. The complimentary Medallion, which is the same size as a 10p piece, delivers an entirely new level of service and creates a holiday that is more simple, effortless and personalised. Its enhancements include an expedited check-in process; touchless stateroom entry; the ability to order drinks, food and retail items from almost anywhere onboard; and a family and friends locator. The vessels also benefit from MedallionNet, which offers fast, reliable, affordable and unlimited WiFi at sea.
· More time ashore with late or overnight calls in 29 ports including Mykonos, Dubrovnik, Barcelona, St. Petersburg, Oslo and Dublin
· Nearly 60 UNESCO World Heritage sites including Pompeii (Naples), Cinque Terre (Livorno), Giant’s Causeway (Belfast), Masada (Ashdod), Ephesus (Kusadasi) and Geirangerfjord (Geiranger)
· An overnight call in Venice during every 12-night Mediterranean sailing on Pacific Princess
· The line’s maiden call into the port of Giardini Naxos, Sicily
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises vice president UK & Europe, said: “Europe remains the most popular destination for UK guests and we are thrilled that the longest season in our history has just been enhanced with a wider variety of destinations on more ships than ever before.
“Having seven ships in the region – six of which are OceanMedallion-activated – is testament to the growing popularity of Princess Cruises in the UK and shows our continued commitment to offering unique onboard experiences, enhanced services and a wealth of holiday options to suit everyone.”
All voyages are now on sale. For more information or to book visit www.princess.com.