Princess Cruises has unveiled the first wave of new features on board its newest ship, the 3,660-guest Enchanted Princess. The vessel will hold its naming ceremony in Southampton in late June 2020, making it the first Princess Cruises ship to be named in the UK since Royal Princess in 2013.
As with sister ship Sky Princess, which launches next year, Enchanted Princess will feature two new ‘Sky Suites’ centrally located on the top deck of the ship. The 270-degree panorama staterooms will provide a private vantage point of the ship’s ‘Movies under the Stars’ screen and create a large space for entertaining. The suites can accommodate up to five guests, making them ideal for families.
The ship will also include:
- A redesigned ‘Salty Dog Gastropub.’ The venue will screen sporting events and offer a selection of premium-range food and drink including the award-winning ‘Ernesto Burger’
- A redesigned Sabatini’s speciality restaurant which is Princess Cruises’ onboard Italian Trattoria. It will incorporate new handmade pasta dishes prepared fresh every day
- An art deco design for The Princess Live TV studio and café, where guests can watch live entertainment, order drinks and light snacks
- A ‘Wakeview’ pool on its rear decks
- A newly-designed top-deck ‘Sanctuary,’ Princess Cruises’ adults only relaxation area which will house extra private cabanas
Tony Roberts, vice president for Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “With the launch of Enchanted Princess in Southampton and our continued commitment to enhancing the range of features on board our growing fleet of ships, this is an exciting time for Princess Cruises as we constantly strive to appeal to passengers looking for something new and exciting, both in terms of onboard offerings and destinations.”
After her naming ceremony Enchanted Princess will head to the Mediterranean for summer 2020. The ship will offer sailings ranging between seven and twenty-two days from Barcelona, Athens and Rome. The cruises go on sale on Thursday, November 8 at 5pm.
Meanwhile, bookings for 2020 voyages to southern and northern Europe that depart from Southampton, on the UK-based ships Crown Princess and Island Princess, can be made from Thursday, November 8 at 9am.
You can find out more about Enchanted Princess on the official Princess Cruises website.Follow me on social media