Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines have today announced they will be adding two new ships to their ocean-going fleet – Bolette and Borealis. The ships have been purchased from Holland America Line and previously sailed under the names Amsterdam and Rotterdam, carrying up to 1,380 and 1,404 guests.
In a statement published on their website, Fred. Olsen Junior, Chairman of Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
“I am delighted to be announcing this news today. We have chosen these vessels as they will fit seamlessly into our existing fleet of small ships, each carrying under 1,500 guests, bringing with them new and larger public areas whilst not compromising on our small ship experience.
“The naming of the vessels is important to us. Bolette and Borealis are both names of ships we have had in years gone by.
“This increase in our capacity demonstrates our confidence in the future. With over 170 years of seafaring history, we have sailed through many difficult periods. With these new additions to the fleet, we will come out of this current situation stronger than ever, ready to deliver the award-winning itineraries that we are famous for.”
On each ship you will find:
- More space throughout the ship
- Original artwork and premium decor
- All all-weather swimming pool with retractable roof
- More balcony cabins and suites
- A variety of restaurants, lounges and bars
- A two-tiered theatre
- Culinary demonstration and wine-tasting venues
- Meeting spaces for groups
- Additional spa facilities, including a thermal suite and hydrotherapy pool
You can find out more information about the new additions here.Follow me on social media