Disney Magic called at Southampton on Sunday as the cruise ship prepares for “Disney Magic at Sea” UK staycation sailings this summer, for UK residents. Southampton is one of the four home ports, alongside Liverpool, Newcastle and London Tilbury, where “Disney Magic at Sea” limited time sailings will provide guests the opportunity to experience the magic of Disney Cruise Line close to home.
The Disney Magic cruise ship will sail mostly 2- and 3-night voyages, as well as limited 4-night sailings round-trip from Liverpool, Southampton, Newcastle and London Tilbury beginning 15 July 2021. Each sailing is sure to delight the entire family and kids of all ages with legendary service and dazzling entertainment. Favourite Disney stories, characters and entertainment will come to life during these special “Disney Magic at Sea” cruises, including a celebration with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals, a Frozen flurry of fun with Anna, Elsa and Olaf, and an epic encounter with Marvel’s greatest Super Heroes. Guests will cherish special moments with beloved Disney friends, from capturing physically distanced photos with Captain Mickey, to enjoying a royal promenade with Disney Princesses or seeing favourite Toy Story pals. West End-quality stage shows will captivate guests of all ages in the elegant Walt Disney Theatre, whilst onboard dining will take them on a culinary adventure. With breakfast, lunch, dinner and 24-hour room service all included, guests can savour fine delicacies and enjoy interactive storytelling in lavishly themed restaurants in addition to casual and upscale dining options.
Disney Magic fun facts
- The Disney ships are painted in Mickey Mouse-inspired colours – black hull, white superstructure, yellow trim and two giant red funnels, each with the Disney Cruise Line Mickey Mouse logo
- Disney Cruise Line was the first cruise line to have yellow lifeboats, instead of the traditional regulation orange. Disney was granted special permission from the U.S. Coast Guard to paint the lifeboats yellow, to keep with the special colour theming of the ship
- The Disney Magic was built in two halves… one hundred miles apart! Part of the ship was constructed in Ancona, Italy then towed 100 miles to meet the stern in Marghera (just outside Venice) to be perfectly joined and welded together
- Disney Cruise Line ships use the iconic first seven notes of the “When You Wish Upon a Star” song melody as their horn signals
- Disney ships are the only cruise ships to have five captains – the ship’s captain, Captain Mickey, Captain Minnie, Captain Hook and Captain Jack Sparrow
- Measuring 964 feet in length, the Disney Magic is longer than Main Street U.S.A at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World
- The anchor on the Disney Magic weighs 28,200 pounds – about the same as three full-grown elephants
- 70 percent of staterooms on the Disney Magic have ocean views. Of those, 60 percent have private verandahs
- In a cruise industry first, most staterooms on Disney ships feature a split “bath-and-a-half” design, providing families the added convenience of a sink and tub/shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room
- The Disney Magic interior is in the art deco style, characterized by geometric designs and bold, solid colours
- Every Disney Cruise Line ship has an atrium lobby statue celebrating a classic Disney character. Mickey at the helm graces the Disney Magic
- The décor of the Buena Vista Theatre was designed to emulate the elegant movie houses of the 1920s and 1930s, the period when Walt Disney was producing the first Mickey Mouse animated films
- A leader in family entertainment, Disney is the only cruise line to first-run feature films, including films in 3-D, with movies premiering at sea on the same day that they are released on land
- With ships purpose built for family cruising, Disney cruise ships boast nearly an entire deck of space dedicated to age-specific children’s activities
- Each Disney ship has an onboard Environmental Officer dedicated to overseeing all environmental systems and procedures, along with shipboard recycling, waste minimization and water reclamation efforts
- Disney Cruise Line made history by being the first cruise line to utilize an innovative hull coating that is both 100 percent non-toxic to the marine environment, and effective in increasing fuel efficiency. The coating helps reduce the ships’ surface resistance in the water, decreasing the need for propulsion power as the ship glides through the sea
Disney Cruise Line is implementing multiple layers of health and safety measures considering guidance from the UK government, health authorities and medical experts. This includes full COVID-19 vaccination for adults, COVID-19 testing, health screenings, face coverings, reduced guest capacity, physical distancing and enhanced cleaning, among other measures. In addition, guests can enjoy peace of mind when booking their Disney Magic at Sea UK staycation sailing for this summer, with flexible options available for changes or cancellations.
Book online at www.Disneycruise.co.uk.Follow me on social media